Post views: 316
Have you ever had a problem storing your car parts?
How do car business owners keep their parts organized and safe, from the smallest to the largest?
When auto business owners wonder what product they can use to stock their parts, these questions always come up.
If you own an automotive business and are looking for a cost-effective choice to store your products, you should read on.
The traditional method of storing auto parts
If auto parts are not properly stored, they can deteriorate quickly. Traditionally, companies have had many problems with having proper storage options for their auto parts.
When they have no other choice, some pile these parts on their homes (which we know can lose tiny auto parts at any time).
Some companies use traditional modular drawer cabinets to keep track of their auto parts.
However, what if they need to transport these parts to different places to repair auto cars?
The Disadvantages of Using the Traditional Method in Storing Auto Parts
The traditional method of storing auto parts has a few drawbacks.
- It can be difficult to transport auto parts from place to place when stored in traditional modular drawer cabinets.
- Second, it can be difficult for auto business owners to keep track of their auto inventory and parts with the traditional method of storage.
- Third, because most products are not properly organized, companies are often forced to purchase new or additional parts (since they lose a lot of auto parts most of the time).
In addition to the above points, automakers face many challenges when it comes to stocking their parts profitably.
The cost-effective choice for automotive storage: pallet containers
Considering the pain points above, you might be wondering “Why use pallet containers?” “.
Before we dive into why we should use pallet containers, let’s start with the question, “What are pallet containers?”
Pallet containers can be safely loaded onto a pallet and are used to transport small or large objects. These containers are widely used in the industrial, manufacturing, logistics and automotive service sectors.
Benefits of Using Pallet Containers in Auto Parts Storage
The use of pallet containers for the storage of automotive parts has many advantages.
- Pallet containers are an affordable option for automotive companies looking for a cost effective way to store their parts.
- They can be stacked on top of each other, and they can be transported very easily. Whenever you need to access or use these parts, you can organize them any way you want to track your products from the smallest to the largest parts.
- Bulk containers provide a safe and secure way to store auto parts. Items are organized and can be easily accessed when needed.
- Another great feature of bulk containers is that they are collapsible. For example, when you’re done, you can shrink it. Therefore, it takes up little space in your warehouse or workspace.
- Pallet bulk containers help businesses track inventory and auto parts. With barcodes or RFID tags, businesses can electronically scan and track items.
- One of the most popular methods of doing business in the automotive industry today is to use barcodes or RFID tags to rank automotive parts from least important to most important.
- Pallet containers allow companies to easily transport their auto parts to different locations. This is especially useful when companies need to send their parts to another location for repairs.
Buying used or new pallet containers: BONUS TIP!
Did you know you can save up to 70 percent while purchasing used containers versus. buy new ones?
As an illustration, the price of a brand new heavy-duty plastic collapsible container can be as high as $228.
If you are interested in using pallet containers for your automotive storage option, a wise decision that could save you $94 per container is to research companies that offer the same type of containers in used condition but in the same quality.
|Type||Average new price||Average used price|
|Metal or Steel||$400.23||$287.8|
With the same quality and dimension, buying used can help you save tons of money and allow you to invest more in your business!
Whether you run an auto parts store or own a car, pallet containers can be a convenient and affordable way to keep your inventory organized and easily accessible. Regardless of the size of your items, the suggestions mentioned above can help you store and transport them safely.