Autoblog may receive a share of purchases made through links on this page. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Here in America, just about everyone loves a good truck. After all, they are versatile, reliable and they look great. Of course, the most defining feature of any truck is the truck bed, which unlocks a whole range of travel options that you probably wouldn’t have with any other vehicle, but if you own one truck and you haven’t invested in some truck bed accessories yet, you may not be using the feature to its full potential. If you’re not sure where to start, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite truck bed accessories to make your truck look even better. Check them out below. This should go without saying, but make sure any accessories are compatible with your truck/truck bed size before making a purchase.
- Constructed using heavy-duty 1680D Oxford polyester double-thread stitching
- 3 large compartments – can be configured up to 6 using removable dividers
- Fully collapsible to 4.75″
- Includes hardcover
- Water and abrasion resistant with a 3-layer water resistant bottom panel
- Soft handles for easy transport
- Includes adjustable V-tie down straps
This trunk organizer is a great accessory for your truck bed, as it can also be used in your garage or in the trunk of another vehicle. It’s water and abrasion resistant and made with rugged materials to help it last in tough conditions. A hard cover is included and it is also foldable down to just under 5 inches. If you need some organization, it’s well worth a look.
- Ideal for separating different types of goods
- Can be attached to any mounting point in the truck bed
- Made with durable and long lasting elastic material
A cargo net is a great accessory if you’re worried about a few items slipping around and want to keep them contained. It can be placed near the tailgate to keep items from sliding, near the truck cab to hold items tight against the back of the truck, or in between to give you two separate areas of the bed to work with. Since it simply attaches to mounting points in the bed of the truck, you can also use multiple nets at once to find a layout that works best for you.
- Pulls out on your tailgate “like a big utility drawer”
- Made in the USA
- Non-slip cap
- Durable while weighing only 20 lbs.
- 56″ wide x 24″ deep x 11″ high
- Not intended for use in an open truck bed – requires tonneau cover or truck cap
If a net isn’t the best solution for your needs, how about this cargo trunk organizer? This can be pulled out of your bed and onto your tailgate like a drawer and can make it easier to transport items like groceries and cargo without having to worry about them getting tossed all over the bed of the truck. This full-size option is 56″ wide x 24″ deep x 11″ high, but if you need something a little smaller, they’re also a medium-sized option.
- Adjusts from 40″ to 70″ long
- Includes padded pads for better grip
- no tools required for installation
A cargo bar is another type of accessory to keep your cargo where you want it. This one is extremely easy to use, requires no tools for installation, and should easily fit any truck bed 40″ to 70″ wide. The best part about a cargo bar is that it doesn’t need any mounting points to attach to it, so you can arrange your truck bed any way you want.
- 300 lb total weight capacity
- Easy installation
- Does not interfere with cargo
- Does not work with Dodge Rab Box, Chevy Avalanche or Cadillac Escalade Trucks
Being able to get in and out of a truck bed quickly is something many of us take for granted. While most new trucks have solutions to help people get on and off, a real ladder probably outweighs any of them. This one is easy to set up and holds up to 300 lbs, so if you’re looking for an easier solution for getting in and out of your truck bed, it’s well worth a look.
- Made of 150D Oxford polyester, waterproof even without the additional canopy – the bottom of the tent also has a waterproof layer
- 3 built-in dual-layer windows – 2 for sightseeing and 1 for hunting/viewing
- 4 mesh bags integrated inside the tent
- Fits any 6.5ft pickup bed
If you’re the type of person who likes to camp, then this might be the perfect accessory for you. Why pitch your tent next to your truck when you can pitch it right above it? This tent is waterproof, has multiple built-in windows and should fit in any 6.5ft truck bed. If you have a smaller sized truck bed, don’t worry, they also make a smaller version.
- Fits Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 Trucks with 5.8ft Bed – Not Compatible with CarbonPro Composite Beds
- “Tough enough to protect your bed — soft enough to protect your cargo”
- Non-slip surface
- The mat is raised slightly by “air dry spikes” which allow air to pass through to keep things dry
Although truck beds are made for hauling things, you still shouldn’t leave them unprotected. A good truck bed mat is a great idea to keep your bed free of scratches and dents. This one’s made with a non-slip grip to keep your load from sliding around and it’s even raised slightly to help keep things dry underneath. If your bed needs some protection, this mat is worth a look.