Associated with auto parts (APA) today announced that Brown and Sons Auto Parts has joined its group.
Like many in the industry, Brown and Sons’ beginnings were humble. Founded in 1949 by Jack Brown, Jack’s first warehouse was the home garage and his sales/delivery vehicle was the family Chevrolet station wagon.
Brown had always talked about seeing, seeing something that wasn’t there yet. By the early 1950s, Brown and Sons had moved into its first warehouse and retail center. By the end of the decade, the three sons: George, Jim and Pete had joined the business.
The 1960s were a decade of growth for the family business, where the current facilities had become too small for their needs. By the 1970s the company had moved to its new state-of-the-art facilities, which consisted of a modern warehouse, finished retail area and office complex.
Founded in an automotive town, Flint, Michigan, Jack’s vision paved the way for two more generations over the next 50 years, George’s sons, Nick and Pete, and Nick’s son, Alexander.
Over time, the company has evolved, but it has retained Jack Brown’s philosophy: a strong work ethic, business acumen, and respect for customers and employees. If Jack were here today, his family say he would be thrilled to see his vision of almost 75 years ago come true: the business he started is still thriving and his son, grandchildren son and his great-grandson are still part of it.
APA Chairman Steve Tucker said, “With an eye on continued strong growth, Brown and Sons has always taken the right steps to achieve these goals and that is why we are delighted to have them join APA.