Click here to read more
Automotive Parts Associates (APA) elected its 2019 Board of Directors at the 38e-APA Annual Shareholders and Suppliers Conference, held March 20-22 at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel in Dallas, TX. The annual meeting provides APA shareholders the opportunity to network with each other and with supplier partners to learn more about new product lines and the resources available to help grow their businesses and better serve their customers.
Following the new two-session face-to-face meeting format and other networking activities earlier in the week, shareholders held a private vote on Friday, March 22 to elect the 2019 board of directors. of Automotive Parts Associates.
The APA 2019 Board of Directors includes:
- President – Jim Holmquist, H&H Wholesale Parts of Arleta, California
- Vice President – Douglas Squires, Bestbuy Distributors Ltd., of Mississauga, Ontario Canada
- Secretary / Treasurer – Ben Yelowitz, POJA Warehouse in Philadelphia, PA
- Board Member – Danny Beyda, Coney Island Auto Parts of Brooklyn, New York
- Board Member – Edward Harake, Value Plus Auto Parts Wholesale Company of Westland, Michigan
- Board Member – Joseph Koudsi, International Metric Specialists of North Hollywood, California
- Board Member – Robert Jacobs, Automotive Warehouse Company of Wichita, Kansas
- Board Member – Randall Swedlove, Morris Automotive Supply of Fontana, CA
New Chairman of the Board Jim Holmquist previously served as Secretary and Vice-President, and will immediately take over from former President Douglas Squires, now Vice-President, at the helm of the organization.
“Jim has impressive experience in the aftermarket industry and at all levels of the APA Board of Directors. It is his industry experience combined with his leadership and team building approach that makes him ideally suited for the role of President, ”said Vice President Squires. “Jim’s election as president follows a calm and steady process of identifying a board of directors that will continue to provide the stability necessary for the long-term success of the APA.
“I will continue to be involved on the APA Board of Directors as Vice President and will work with the entire team with a proactive, creative, unique, dynamic and modern approach to lead APA through the challenges of an ever-changing industry and triumph over the new realities within the aftermarket. I offer Jim all my support and best wishes in his role as President, ”concluded Squires.